March 07, 2008

In the time since I restarted this blog (it's become quite active, hasn't it!) I've begun writing for a DC-area sports outfit called the DC Sports Box. So far I've written a couple game reports, including:
Huet Earns His Third Shut-Out Against the Devils (2/29(
Washington Lets One Slip Away in 3-2 Shootout Loss (2/20)

As well as an analysis piece regarding some of the Caps' trade deadline acquisitions:
Caps Pick up Fedorov and Cooke at Bargain Prices (2/26)

So far the writing process for game-night recaps has been fun. It's a somewhat hectic process: watch the game, pack up a few minutes before the game ends, hustle downstairs to the press room and then wait outside the locker room, jostle for position for your voice recorder next to the interviewees, dash back to the press room, type up your story. The first game I did, with Craig Stone, I didn't polish any goal descriptions or other little sentences to put in the story before doing the interviewing, so it took an insane amount of time to get it written up and sent out.

It's been highly enjoyable so far, and I'm lucky to be covering one of the "It" teams of the NHL this season. Hopefully the regular season isn't the end of the need for Caps game coverage...

I'll continue linking my Caps articles here (plus a bit of extra commentary that may not fit the format) as well as any other pieces I write, for D.C. United or Maryland sports, etc. Thanks for reading!